Government Proposal Writing Consulting Services
Watson & Associates’ federal contracts practice includes providing high-level government proposal consulting services to contractors that are either new to the federal procurement process, or existing contractors that are not seeing the results of previous bidding efforts.
As government proposal writers and consultants, this aspect of our client services includes technical proposal development, avoiding critical mistakes with the various evaluation criteria in the solicitation and developing a compliant bid that would increase the chance of selection.
Compared to traditional federal RFP preparation services, the government proposal and RFP consultants at Watson & Associates, LLC actually help with deep substantive problems that contractors face. Our consulting team uses over 30 years of source selection experience (actually working for federal contracting agencies). We offer a complete government RFP service that includes all aspects development, management and evaluation analysis.
- Complete A-Z federal RFP services;
- Consulting on negotiated procurements under FAR 15;
- Proposal management for efficient and thorough completion;
- Lowest-Priced Technically Acceptable RFP’s;
- Review and editing services;
- Request for Proposal (RFP) compliance;
- Development of more effective technical writing strategies;
- Proposal development and strategic ideas to strengthen your bid.
- MACC responses to Requests for Proposals
- Task Order Contracts
- IDIQ bidding submissions
- Performance Based Contract PWS
Clients come to us either as incumbents or new bidders seeking to pierce government contracting market. Our government proposal writers and consultants also help you by:
- Providing guidance for overcoming past performance hurdles;
- Developing of best value considerations;
- Showing you how to propose packages for agency trade-offs;
- Submitting effective small business subcontracting plans;
- Avoiding proposal mistakes with teaming and joint ventures;
- Offering government bidding and preparation services that prepare you for a bid protest
- Applying technical approaches to performance based contracting;
- Giving legal review…and more
To speak to a proposal consultant, call 1-866-601-5518 for a Free Initial Consultation.
When the Agency evaluates a government RFP response, we understand that technical proposals are heavily weighted. Therefore, our consulting team works closely with clients to extract highly-relevant information from the solicitation. We then help you to develop your technical package that properly addresses:
- Staffing approaches to meet the solicitation requirements;
- Discussions on management approaches;
- Past Performance overcoming common hurdles; and
- Address the How’s, Who’s and When’s required when discussing the PWS requirements.
When writing a proposal, our consultants offer developed, researched and proven approaches. Knowing how to write a proposal and bid on government contracts requires a deep understanding that just meeting the minimum requirements of an RFP never gets the award. To win, you have to do more than the minimum requirements. Learn About Hiring Incumbent Personnel Under the Ostensible Subcontractor Rule.
Visit our blog for critical information about government proposals.
Prepare for the Government’s Assessment of Best Value in Your Bid
Learning how to write a proposal for federal government contracts means having an understanding of how agencies evaluate best value considerations. Depending on whether the solicitation is negotiated under FAR Subpart 15, or is a Lowest Priced Technically Acceptable Procurement, the government has great latitude when evaluating best value. Regardless of the type of bid you are responding to, our government proposal writers and consultants, help you to:
- Focus on increasing strengths and minimizing weaknesses;
- Developing RFP responses that offer more than just the basic solicitation requirements; and
- Minimizing risk to the government.
Avoid Costly Past Performance Mistakes
When writing a proposal for a federal government contract, the solicitation requires the Agency to evaluate your company’s past performance. Our government proposal writers and consulting team provides substantive guidance on how to avoid costly mistakes with:
- Selecting relevant projects;
- Developing an approach for effective use of teaming agreements for higher evaluation scores; and
- Understanding size, complexity and scope requirements
Learn How to Minimize Impact of Future Bid Protests
When bidding on government contract proposals, you also have keep in mind that your award may be protested. At Watson, our proposal consultants consistently review published bid protest decisions to educate our clients about common mistakes seen during the biidng and evaluation stages. Each government proposal is different.
However, we cannot use sensitive information gathered during our litigation practice and admissions to GAO protective orders in a way to provide clients with an unfair advantage in the procurement process.
Instead, our government bidding consultants use information analyzed in published decisions to guide our clients down the right path.
Why Choose Our Government Proposal & RFP Services?
Clients come to our proposal consulting team for our deep understanding of procurement evaluations and how federal agencies rate RFP responses. Our federal government proposal writers work with your technical team and managers to develop realistic assessment of your capability.
Writing a proposal for a federal government contract requires careful planning, compliance and a deep understanding of the process of how agencies actually evaluate each bid. Given the recent changes in how agencies select winning proposals, small businesses and large DOD contractors tend to run into stumbling blocks. As a result, they find that there technical proposals were insufficiently prepared; the agency adopted best value and price trade-offs that bidders were not prepared for and other hurdles which they could not overcome.
- We have been on the other side awarding government contracts. Therefore, we are in a better position to tell you what source selection members typically look for.
- Many government proposal writers never spend the time reviewing bidding mistakes in published bid protests.
- This is where our 30 plus years of experience shows a higher caliber of service.
- Our actual proposal writers are not lawyers. However, if you have questions related to the specific RFP clauses and compliance with the specific clauses in the solicitation, our attorneys can their meaning so that you can provide compliant responses.
Note: If our consultants help you with your proposals, we will not be able to represent in a subsequent bid protest.
Our consultants ease your burden by working with your key staff to extract your company’s strengths. We also show you how to deal with your weaknesses when compared to the RFP requirement. To further help you with how to respond to a government request for proposal, we have developed a robust library of articles on our blog that address critical government proposal topics.
Call Our Government Proposal Consultants for Immediate Help
If you are seeking to increase business profits and improve your chances of winning a federal project, contact the federal government proposal preparation consultants at Watson & Associates today by calling toll free 1-866-601-5518.