Critical Thinking, Clear Direction, Decisive Results
Applying for your SBA 8a certification can be beneficial for your business’s future. However, the application process can be stressful because of the level of scrutiny from the SBA, the legal burdens of proof required during the certification process, and legal penalties for submitting false information. Given the huge amount of benefits, the SBA is still denying a notable number of small disadvantaged businesses for:
- Lack of complete or legally compliant business documents;
- Findings of affiliation;
- Social and economic narratives that are not convincing.
Our solutions: With law offices in Washington, DC and Denver, Colorado, the 8a certification consultants and SBA 8a application and appeal attorneys at Watson & Associates, with over 30 years of government contracting experience, frequently help small disadvantaged business firms to overcome the common mistakes seen at the application stage. Furthermore, when the SBA denies your 8a application, our lawyers use our previous success, and intimate knowledge of the regulation and case law to aggressively fight appeal for your rights. See some of our successful outcomes.
Get help applying the basics areas where many SBA applications fail: Minority and other eligible small businesses utilize our expertise to develop more refined documents such as business ownership, social and economic narratives, net worth requirements and evaluation of other critical qualifications information.
We have successfully defeated the SBA in adverse approval decisions: Our 8a certification consultants help clients to meet eligibility guidelines by analyzing current situations and suggesting changes to meet the SBA’s eligibility requirements. Our experience and success in challenging adverse decisions for minority business applicants demonstrate our deep understanding of the laws and regulations.
Our 8a certification consultants use three decades of hands-on government contracting experience to gain insight into the problems that disadvantaged business application face when going through the 8a application phase. We help you with:
Pre-Certification and 8a Application Process
Call For a Free Initial Consultation at 1-866-601-5518.
- Net worth: Showing you how to assess your net worth requirements
- Narratives: Assessing and providing guidance in developing compelling social and economic narratives
- Waivers: 2 year waiver
- Corporate: Providing legal advice and counseling on existing business relationships and corporate documents
- Checklist: Providing you with a checklist that helps you to comply with 8a status requirements
- Reconsideration: Consulting on and preparing Requests for Reconsideration
- SBA 8a appeal for status denials to the Office of Hearings and Appeals
- Appealing adverse status decisions
- Affiliation and size determination appeals
Why Use Watson
Our approach to the process is a strategic one as compared to risky tactical approaches used but non-legal professionals. By using a strategic approach our lawyers and consultants help clients to:
- Develop a plan of action that is aligned with sound business development practices;
- Submit applications that are more in line with SBA guidelines for approval;
- Gain a realistic understanding of the important regulations that govern the compliance process after approval.
Develop Compelling Social and Economic Narratives
- Flat rates available
- Free initial consultation - Call 1-866-601-5518.
- We have overturned unlawful SBA decisions
- Prompt turnaround
- Professional legal analysis
- Write convincing narratives that meet legal burden of proof
- Prepare qualified applications with help from lawyers that understand SBA programs
To stand a chance of submitting a compelling 8a application package, minority owned businesses and small disadvantaged business enterprises must convince the U.S. Small Business Administration that they are socially and economically disadvantaged. This is where most 8a applications are denied.
- We help you to focus on the relevant discussion topics for your SBA 8a narratives
- You will increase your chances of meeting the legal standards for 8a status
- Avoid some of the most costly mistakes made in applications
Structure Proper Business Relationships For SBA Certification Applications
As part of your SBA 8a certification application, you must disclose corporate documents and discuss current business relationships. This is yet another reason that your 8a application status can be denied. Our consultants guide you in to meeting the eligibility requirements by helping you to:
- Analyze and restructure your business situation to meet the 8a application requirements.
- Adjust your business documents to allow the right amount of ownership and control of the business. You must also assess the revenues made from other business clients.
- Minimize disapproval for commonly-missed requirements.
Visit our Blog to find additional information about getting your status.
Post Approval Consulting
After you are approved for 8a status, your company has a significant amount of
compliance and obligation requirements. You also have to address adverse actions as they arise. Watson's 8a certification consultants:
- Help with business development to secure set aside contracts (there are several companies in the program that still have yet to acquire contracts)
- Assist with joint venture and teaming agreement concerns
- Represent you before the agency or SBA
- Appeal adverse 8a application status decisions
- Help you with statutory and FAR compliance
- Maximize profits in government contracting
- Avoid unnecessary fraud pitfalls by developing the required internal policies
- Develop sound litigation strategies in bid protests and claims litigation
- Strengthen your road-map to success as a 8a certified company
- Learn how to increase your success rates with government proposals after getting your 8a status
- Train your key staff members in critical areas of federal procurement
Has The SBA Denied Your Status?
If the SBA has denied your 8a application, our lawyers will appeal your case to the Office of Hearing and Appeals (SBAOHA). Our 8a certification consultants can explain the process.
SBA Application and Termination Appeal Lawyers
As SBA 8a certification consultants, we have litigated SBA 8a appeals due to denial of 8a applications and terminations before the SBA office of Hearings and Appeals.
If you are already 8a certified, you might receive a notice from the SBA suggesting termination from the 8a Certification Program. You must adequately and promptly respond, and build a record for SBA 8a appeal. Having a government contracts lawyer that understands the 8a certification qualifications process can help you to preserve your rights for appeal.
Watson's SBA 8a certification consultants can assist small disadvantaged business enterprises in any state for purposes of getting their 8a status. Federal law allows our 8a certifications consultants and attorneys to represent clients regardless of their resident state. Watson & Associates can represent small business applicants in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Cities in which we can help you to appeal 8a application denials include Anchorage, AK; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; and Colorado Springs. Federal government contracts lawyers and litigation attorneys are in Washington DC, MD, VA, and CO.
Call Our 8a Application Consultants and Lawyers
For a free initial consultation and to see whether you qualify, call our SBA 8a certification consultants and lawyers toll free at 1-866-601-5518.