SBA 8(a) Certification Consultants & Lawyers
Convincing the SBA to approve your 8a certification application is not always an easy process. Failure to understand the underlying application evaluation rules and criteria for how to get your 8a status puts you at a great disadvantage.
At Watson & Associates, LLC, our government contract and small business lawyers provide detailed review and preparation services for SBA 8a certification clients across the country. Not only do our consultants and lawyers understand the costly mistakes made by minority businesses, we also have a proven record of litigating and appealing adverse 8a status denials from the SBA.
As small business certification consultants, and former government contracting small business professionals, we have insight into the various issues that relate to social and economic disadvantaged status and minority business certification, Net Worth matters, how to assess problems with affiliation and SBA’s assessment of the Ostensible Subcontractor Rule. See our representative cases.
Consulting and Legal Services
We help small disadvantaged and minority owned small business enterprises to navigate through the complex regulations and rules during the SBA 8a certification application process. We help with matters related to:
Pre-SBA Approval Services
- Showing you how to assess your net worth requirements;
- Assessing and providing guidance in developing compelling social and economic narratives;
- 2 year waivers;
- Providing legal advice and counseling on existing business relationships and corporate documents;
- : Providing you with a checklist that helps you to comply with 8a status requirements;
- Consulting on and preparing Requests for Reconsideration;
- SBA 8 (a) appeal for status denials to the Office of Hearings and Appeals;
- Appealing adverse 8(a) application decisions;
- Affiliation and size determination appeals.
Post Application Approval Consulting
After you are approved and get certified, your company has a significant amount of
compliance and obligation requirements. Watson’s consultants:
- Help with set aside contracts
- Assist with joint venture and teaming agreement concerns
- Appeal adverse 8 (a) status decisions
- FAR compliance
Social and Economic Narratives
When learning how to get 8a certified, you will quickly learn that you have to provide at least an economic narrative to the SBA. At Watson, our consultants and 8a status lawyers understand the issues that arise and how to minimize SBA challenges.
Our lawyers and consultants also help small businesses that are not members of the protected classes to address important issues which the SBA looks for when writing social narratives.
Learn Why Most SBA Certification Applications Fail
Meeting the SBA’s application requirements can be a tough challenge. However, this is where our SBA 8a status and appeal consultants can help. Here are but a few problems that most applications have.
- Inability to write strong and convincing social and economic narratives;
- Weak business document contents that question control;
- Not properly demonstrating the SBA that you have the ability to succeed if your get 8a certified;
- Failing to account for business revenues.
Help Understanding SBA Application Regulations
Understanding the varying components of the 8(a) application such as proving social and economic disadvantaged status, proving net-worth and showing that your company does not violated the affiliation rules are common problems when trying to get certified under the 8(a )Program. Clients bring their application and litigation concerns to Watson & Associates.
With offices in the Washington, DC metro areas and Denver, Colorado areas, our consultants are geographically positioned to help clients in all states. As compared to document preparation companies, we know the 8a requirements and the law that applies to it.
- We eliminate guess work and apply our 30 years of government contracting experience;
- We apply case law to see if your chances of meeting the SBA’s requirements are high;
- Get professional guidance on SBA Affiliation Rules.
- Our lawyers understand how to preserve your rights to appeal.
8(a) Application and Termination Appeal Lawyers
When you get SBA 8a certified, our consultants and lawyers help clients to litigate appeals due to denial of 8 (a) applications. Watson has also litigated 8a terminations before the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals.
If you are already 8a certified, you might receive a notice from the SBA suggesting termination from the 8a Program. Watson’s lawyers and consulting experts help you to adequately and promptly respond, and build a record for appeal. Having a government contracts lawyer that understands the SBA 8a qualifications process can make the difference between losing out on millions in potential revenues and taking your business to the next level.
Watson’s SBA 8a Program consultants can assist small disadvantaged business enterprises in any state for purposes of getting their 8a status. Federal law allows our SBA 8a consultants and attorneys to represent clients regardless of their resident state.
Get a Free Consultation
For help getting 8a certification and overcoming common mistakes, call our SBA Program consultants and attorneys at 1-866-601-5518 today.